Meeting Date:
5/20/2020 - 5:00 PM  
Category:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY  
Type:
Action  
Subject:
14.4 Uninterruptible Power Supplies (E-Rate)  
District Goals:
 
Enclosure:
 
File Attachment:
LHZX657.pdf
BOCS Worksheet - UPS - May 2020.xlsx
 
Rationale:
Information Technology Department – GML 104B
CDW/G (Sourcewell 081419-CDW)
Term – July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
Amount – Gross Total - $146,850.00
E-Rate Share (85%) – $124,822.50
District Share (15%) – $22,027.50
Account Number - TBD (Pending 2020-2021 Non-CIP Capital)
Scope – As part of the 2020-2021 E-Rate Cycle, the District decided to include an application for Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS). These UPS’s will be used in each of the schools and provide an uninterruptible power source for all switches throughout the District. This will prevent switches in the schools from shutting off during a power surge. These uninterruptible power supplies will provide a constant power source and maintain power to the devices during power surges. We have submitted an E-Rate application for the purchase of 150 UPS’s, at a gross cost of $146,850.00, and are awaiting approval. The discount rate on these UPS’s is 85%, $124,822.50, leaving the District responsible for the remaining 15%, $22,027.50
 
Funding:
TBD (Pending 2020-2021 Non-CIP Capital)  
 Resolution
RESOLUTION:
WHEREAS the District is seeking to procure 150 uninterruptible power supplies for use throughout the District, and,

WHEREAS these UPS’s will be installed throughout the District in all of the wiring closets in each school. They will provide protection to the District’s infrastructure equipment in the event of a power surge, or brown out. These uninterruptible power supplies will provide a constant power source and maintain power to the devices during power surges. The equipment will remain up and running and revert to normal power operation once restored, and,
WHEREAS the District has filed the necessary forms with the Federal E-Rate program which provides us with an 85% discount on the project’s total overall cost. The project’s gross total is $146,850.00, for 150 uninterruptible power supplies, of which the District’s 15% share will total $22,027.50. The remaining 85%, $124,822.50, will be paid for by the E-Rate program.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED: That the Yonkers Public Schools issue a purchase order to CDW/G (Sourcewell 081419-CDW) in the amount of $22,027.50, the District’s 15% share of the total, for the purchase of the 150 uninterruptible power supplies.
 
Approvals:
Recommended By:
Signed By:
Christopher Carvalho - Director
Signed By:  
Dr. Fenix Arias - Manager of Administration
Signed By:  
Bob Cacace - Commissioner
Signed By:  
Cheryl Green - Deputy Commissioner Dept. of Information Technology
Signed By:  
Tom Collich - Purchasing Director
Signed By:  
Finance Department - Finance Reviewer
Signed By:  
Elizabeth Janocha - Deputy Commissioner
Signed By:  
John Liszewski - Commissioner
Signed By:  
Matthew Gallagher - Corporation Counsel
Signed By:  
Dr. Andrea S. Coddett - Deputy Superintendent
Signed By:  
Dr. Edwin M. Quezada - Superintendent of Schools
 
Vote Results:

Original Motion
Member Judith Ramos Meier Moved, Member Abdool H. Jamal seconded to approve the Original motion 'RESOLUTION:
WHEREAS the District is seeking to procure 150 uninterruptible power supplies for use throughout the District, and,

WHEREAS these UPS’s will be installed throughout the District in all of the wiring closets in each school. They will provide protection to the District’s infrastructure equipment in the event of a power surge, or brown out. These uninterruptible power supplies will provide a constant power source and maintain power to the devices during power surges. The equipment will remain up and running and revert to normal power operation once restored, and,
WHEREAS the District has filed the necessary forms with the Federal E-Rate program which provides us with an 85% discount on the project’s total overall cost. The project’s gross total is $146,850.00, for 150 uninterruptible power supplies, of which the District’s 15% share will total $22,027.50. The remaining 85%, $124,822.50, will be paid for by the E-Rate program.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED: That the Yonkers Public Schools issue a purchase order to CDW/G (Sourcewell 081419-CDW) in the amount of $22,027.50, the District’s 15% share of the total, for the purchase of the 150 uninterruptible power supplies.'. Upon a Roll-Call Vote being taken, the vote was: Aye: 7 Nay: 0.
The motion CARRIED 7 - 0
   
Judith Ramos Meier     Yes
Abdool H. Jamal     Yes
Dr. Rosalba Corrado Del Vecchio     Yes
Rev. Steve Lopez     Yes
Kevin Cacace     Yes
Andrea Brown     Yes
Dr. John Castanaro     Yes